The Interfaith Prayer Service meets in Eugene on the 11th of every month
at 1166 Oak Street, Eugene, Oregon*. There is free parking in the lot across the street.
6:45 p.m. prelude
7:00 to 8:00 p.m. service
Followed by refreshments and fellowship
FREE CHILDCARE IS PROVIDED AT ALL SERVICES!
Bring your family ~ Invite your friends
Each month, a team of coordinators work together to develop the theme for the upcoming prayer service. Presenters from different faith traditions are asked to share from their hearts and faith tradition a prayer, song, poem, chant, or reading from their sacred texts that relates to the monthly theme. Each prayer service has at least eight different faith traditions represented. We have dedicated a few months to specific themes.
* While our services are held at the location of the First Christian Church in Eugene, we are an independent 501(c)3 organization not sponsored by any individual faith community but instead supported by many faith communities and individuals. To find out more about our supporters and how you can become one of them visit our Donate page and Sponsor page.
Some months are dedicated to specific themes (see below) and other months have unique themes chosen by the program coordinators for that month.
- September’s Service is coordinated by the entire Board of Directors with a focus on unity.
- October’s Service is centered around sacred sounds from each presenter’s faith tradition.
- November’s Service is organized around the theme of gratitude.
- December’s Service is usually a celebration of coming from darkness into light.
Did you know that there are three ways you can request a monthly reminder about each upcoming service including information on the theme and list of presenters for that month?
- Follow us on our Interfaith Prayer Facebook page (and share our posts with your friends).
- Send us a message with your email address and ask to be included on our email list.
- Subscribe to our Interfaith Prayer Service Blog RSS Feed for announcements and some shadings from various presenters.